The FS WS -2 system is a twin stud acoustic party / dividing wall system that offers high acoustic performance and minimal depth.
- Exceeds the requirements of UK building regulations Approved Document E
- A high performance twin stud system
- Used to create new party walls
- Most used for compliance with building regulations
- High mass and significant depth create our highest performance
- For optimum performance increase the stud depth and increase the cavity
- Install twin 50mm metal track and stud walls. Leaving a minimum of 50mm clear cavity between the twin walls
- Infill both studs with 50mm dB Slab insulation
- Fix one layer of Maxibard to the stud on the outside of both new walls
- Fix one layer of 15mm Soundbloc plasterboard to both walls over the Maxiboard
- Ensure the joints of both boards are staggered
- Seal the perimeter with acoustic sealant
- Skim plaster or tape and joint finish
The Floorscan handy product calculator and online specifier make it easy for you to understand what products work with what building. Allowing you to get a complete quote for your entire project, try it now.