The FS WL – 2 system is an independent acoustic wall lining system designed to significantly reduce noise levels through existing walls.
No test data available to download on this system. Please contact the Floorscan office for test data.
- Exceeds the requirements of UK building regulations Approved Document E
- A high performance independent wall system
- Mostly used in domestic/noisy neighbour sound insulation requirements
- Quick installation
- Install a 50mm metal track and stud system. Ensure a 25mm entirely independent air gap is left between the existing wall and the new stud wall
- Infill the stud with 50mm dB Slab insulation
- Fix one layer of 15mm Plasterboard to the new stud
- Bond the self adhesive Tecsound SY100 to the Soundbloc plasterboard covering the entire wall
- Fix a secondary layer of 15mm Soundbloc plasterboard over the Tecsound
- Seal the perimeter with acoustic sealant
- Skim plaster or tape and joint finish the wall
The Floorscan handy product calculator and online specifier make it easy for you to understand what products work with what building. Allowing you to get a complete quote for your entire project, try it now.