The FS WL1 Maxi system is a high performance wall lining system used to significantly increase the sound insulation of existing walls.
No test data available to download on this system. Please contact the office for more information.
- Exceeds the requirements of UK building regulations Approved Document E
- A high performance party wall system
- Used to improve sound insulation on existing walls
- Mostly used in domestic/noisy neighbour sound insulation requirements
- Install 50mm metal track and stud wall system. Ensure a 25mm entirely independent air gap is left between the existing wall and the new wall. The track also needs to be isolated from the floor
- Infill the stud with 50mm dB Slab insulation
- Fix one layer of Maxiboard to the new stud wall. Ensure Gripfix is used on all joints
- Acoustic Socket Boxes can be supplied to be installed behind existing sockets
- Fix a secondary layer of Soundbloc Plasterboard 15mm over the Maxiboard. Alternatively fix one layer of Fermcell Board 12.5mm. The choice of board depends on how the wall will be finished
- Seal the perimeter with acoustic sealant
- Skim plaster or fine coat finish
- Leave for decoration
The Floorscan handy product calculator and online specifier make it easy for you to understand what products work with what building. Allowing you to get a complete quote for your entire project, try it now.